2 cups rice grain
250gms minced meat
30gms dried oysters (~6 pcs – soak in hot water to soften and slice thinly)
30gms dried baby scallops (~20 pcs)
1” thumbsize young ginger (slice thinly)
1pc salted duck egg (boil 10mins and cut into cubes)
2pcs century eggs (cut into cubes)
1 tin braised peanuts (170gms)
6 cloves of garlic (chop and make into garlic oil)
1 stalk spring onions (chopped)
Salt & Pepper
Hot water (9-10 cups)
SEASONING FOR MINCED MEAT (MEATBALLS):
2 Tablespoon oyster sauce
3 Tablespoon soy sauce
1 Tablespoon sesame oil
2 Tablespoon corn/tapioca flour
1 Tablespoon salted pickle vegetable (Tong Chai – chop until fine)
2 teaspoon fried garlic (minus oil)
Pinch of salt
2. Wash the dried scallops and put into the cooker together with the sliced dried oyster.
3. Add in 5 cups of hot water.
4. Add in 1/2 teaspoon salt, sprinkle some pepper and bring to boil, stirring every 3-5 minutes. (Note: salt would increase the temperature in water or oil)
5. When the grain soften and turn into congee like, add in another 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon sugar, 4 Tablespoon oyster sauce, 2 Tablespoon sesame oil and 2 Tablespoon soy sauce. Sprinkle some pepper. Stir thoroughly.
6. Add in more hot water as the congee gets thicker to suit your choice of thickness.
7. While the congee boils, roll in all minced meat to get your meatballs. Stir constantly to avoid the base being burnt.
8. Add in the cubed salted eggs, century eggs and the whole tin of braised peanuts (including the gravy). Mix thoroughly.
9. Serve while hot.
10. Garnish with chopped spring onions, garlic oil and some pepper.
YOU CAN CHECK HERE FOR MORE RECIPES.