Steamed eggs and steamed tofu dishes are quite common household dishes. What would happen when you merge two of them together? You’ll get a totally out of this world healthy dish I called STEAMED TOFU & EGGS WITH PUMPKIN PUREE. It’s simple to cook and yet nutritious to the body~
Here’s the recipe:
1 box prepacked tofu
300gms ripe pumpkin (remove skin and blend with 1/2 cup hot water)
3 Tbsp dried shrimps (soak, drain and sauté)
3 cloves garlic (chop and sauté in oil)
1/2 cup meat/vegetables stock
Sautéed garlic with oil
Deep fried dried shrimps
Chopped spring onions
Sauteed bacon bits
• Heat up 3 tablespoon of oil and sauté the chopped garlic until brown. Scoop out and leave aside.
• Heat up 2 tablespoon of oil and sauté the 3 tablespoons soaked dried shrimps until fragrant. Take out 1 tablespoon and leave aside as garnishing.
• Pour in the blended pumpkin and 1/2 cup of meat/vegetables stock. Stir for 10 minutes. Add in some salt and a few sprinkles of pepper to taste. Leave aside.
• Beat up 2 eggs with 2 egg shells of water with 2 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon sesame oil and a few sprinkles of pepper.
• Place your tofu in the middle of the low height steaming porcelain plate and pour the beaten egg surround it.
• Heat up your steamer and when the water boils, place the plate inside and steam for 10 minutes under MEDIUM-LOW fire.
• When the steamed tofu and egg is ready, spread the cooked pumpkin on top of the tofu.
• Garnish with garlic in oil, sauteed dried shrimps and chopped spring onions. For those who like to have an added saltiness, you can also garnish with some sauteed bacon bits.
• Serve hot.
YOU CAN CHECK HERE FOR MORE RECIPES.