During the 3rd (Floggers) Food Bloggers’ Gathering in Penang recently, I had created a simple yet appetizing dish which most of the attendees that night loved it. None had ever thought that the unique sweetness of the jackfruits could blend in so well with fried pork slices. Well, since I had quite a number of requests for the recipe, I’m posting up the recipe for my STIR FRY PORK STRIPS WITH JACKFRUITS.
10 Slices Pork Fillet (about 500gms)
1 big onion (slice into semi rings)
8 cherry tomatoes (halves)
4 jackfruits (cut into strips)
8 tbsp all purpose frying flour
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1/2 tsp sesame oil
SAUCES: (mix well in a small bowl)
4 tbsp tomato ketchup
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp corn flour
1/2 tsp sesame oil
4 tspn water
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp Shao Xing wine (1/2 tsp brandy/whisky)
Chicken breast meat (in place of pork)
Spring Onions (garnish)
Green capsicum (slices)
1. Hammer the pork fillets lightly until soft.
2. Place all the meat into a mixing tray and add in one tablespoon soy sauce, half teaspoon sesame oil, one teaspoon turmeric powder, pinch of salt & sugar, 8 tablespoon frying flour. Add in some water to make it somewhat batter like. DO NOT MAKE IT TOO DILUTE! Leave aside to marinate for 30-40 minutes.
3. Heat up some oil and fry all the marinated pork fillets until golden brown. Leave on kitchen towel to cool and to drain all the excess oil. Cut into long strips.
4. Leave about 2 tablespoon of the remaining oil in the wok on medium fire. Add in the onions and stir about half a minute.
5. Add in the sauces stated above and simmer for another minute or so.
6. Add in the cherry tomatoes and jackfruit strips and stir for about a minute.
7. Put the fire on low and add in the pork strips. Stir for another two minutes.
8. Dish out to serve.
9. You can lace the plate with some lettuce and garnish with some coriander/spring onions.
YOU CAN CHECK HERE FOR MORE RECIPES.