Sometimes, a simple recipe would keep the appetite of any diner happy. Here’s a quick and easy recipe to storm up a beautifully tasting Sweet & Sour Sesame Chicken. I hope you all love the dish as I did~ Happy cooking~ 🙂
The recipe is so simple that you can have your meal within minutes. Here’s the recipe:
4 chicken drumsticks (remove bone, wash with salt and cut to bite sizes)
2 garlic cloves (finely chop)
1 large onion (fine brunoise: 1/16” cubes)
1 red chili (fine brunoise: 1/16” cubes, replaceable with capsicum or bird eye chilies for extra spiciness, keep some for garnishing)
1 tbsp coriander stalk (cut finely, keep leaves for garnishing)
2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds (keep some for garnishing)
3 tbsp plum sauce
2 tbsp Thai chili sauce (strain if you do not like the seeds)
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce (add more if your soy sauce is not the salty type)
1 tbsp ginger juice (grate young ginger and juice)
Multipurpose frying flour
Red chilies, coriander leaves, toasted sesame seeds
• Marinate the chicken cuts with the sesame oil, ginger juice, soy sauce and some dashes of pepper for 1-2 hours.
• When you are ready to cook, coat the marinated chicken cuts with enough multi-purpose frying flour until the chicken pieces won’t stick together.
• Heat up enough oil on MEDIUM-HIGH fire and deep fry the chicken until golden brown. Scoop, drain dry and leave aside.
• Leave about 2 tbsp oil in the wok and sauté the garlic and onions until caramelized.
• Add in the red chilies and coriander and sauté for another 2 minutes.
• Add in the plum sauce and Thai chili sauce and stir well. Add a tiny bit of hot water if it’s too sticky.
• Pour in the deep fried chicken pieces and toasted sesame seeds and stir coat thoroughly.
• Scoop onto a serving plate, garnish with some red chilies, toasted sesame seed and coriander as suggested/shown above.
• Serve hot with some steamed rice.
YOU CAN CHECK HERE FOR MORE RECIPES.