Nowadays, most of the family members are working personnel. If you ask them to go into the hassle of spending hours just to cook a meal, they would rather spend their time eating out. Why not try this Stir Fried Chinese Chives Flower with Roasted Pork. You would have it served on the dining table within minutes. Here are the ingredients and method to cook the dish.
1 bundle Chinese Chives Flower (Koochai Hua) – wash and cut into 1.5 inch length
500gms roasted pork
1 big onion – cut into 10 pieces
2 pips garlic – chopped
1 tspn fine sugar
1 tspn sesame oil
1 Tspn soy sauce
2 Tspn oil
1/3 cup of water
2 Tspn corn starch (dissolve in some water)
Pinch of salt
Method of cooking:
- Put some oil into a heated wok. Add in the chopped garlic and sauté until golden brown.
- Put in the roasted pork. Add in the soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar and some pepper. Stir fried until fragrance. Add in the water and simmer it with low fire for 5 minutes.
- Add in the dissolved corn starch some at a time until the gravy becomes thick. Taste if the gravy is salty enough for your taste bud. If not, pinch in some more salt.
- If the combination is just right for you, put in the big onions and Chinese chives flowers and stir fry until the vegetables are cooked.
- Dish out immediately and serve with hot steaming rice.
YOU CAN CHECK HERE FOR MORE RECIPES.