1 medium chicken (3-4kg) (wash with salt and get rid of the intestines)
1 stalk Chinese parsley/cilantro (chopped about 2” in length)
7 stalks spring onions
4” old ginger (slightly crushed)
2 cups fragrance/plain rice
5 tablespoon sesame oil
some soy sauce
3 teaspoon salt
6 cups chicken stock (boil 6-8 chicken bones with 8 cups water)
1. Wash rice until clean. Drain excess water until dry.
2. Heat up the wok. Put in 4 tablespoon sesame oil and add in 2” of crushed ginger. Stir until you get a fragrant smell.
3. Add rice and stir for about 10 minutes on medium high and transfer everything into a rice cooker.
4. Pour about 3 cups of chicken stock. Add in 3 stalks of whole spring onions and cook.
5. Stir the rice a little when it starts boiling. Mix in salt and/or soy sauce to taste.
6. Add some chicken stock if it is too dry.
1. Cook 4 cups of water and 3 cups of chicken stock into a tall pot on high until boil.
2. Add in 2” of crushed ginger and 3 whole stalks of spring onions into pot.
3. Add in 2 teaspoon of salt.
4. Put in the chicken and cook on medium high. Cover the pot partially. Lower the fire if necessary as the chicken should be cooked slowly.
5. Turn chicken once in a while to ensure it is properly cooked.
6. Cook about 45 minutes.
7. Drain the chicken. Pour one tablespoon sesame oil. Rub evenly all over the cooked chicken while hot, followed with some soy sauce.
8. Cut chicken into preferred sizes.
9. Garnish with some chopped Chinese parsley and spring onions.
10. Served with hot rice and garlic chilly sauce.
Note: For those who do not wish to have rice, you can use wholemeal breads or buns instead. You can slice the chicken into small cubes. Mix in some mayonnaise, pepper, herbs and a pinch of salt. Put in some chopped lettuce and sliced tomatoes. Tada…you have your healthy chicken sandwich.
YOU CAN CHECK HERE FOR MORE RECIPES.