At one time of our lives, we might have taken instant noodles in whatever form, whether they were in packet form or in a cup. Why don’t we make it a bit more interesting by adding in some ingredients to make it more appetizing? Let me share with you my STIR FRY CHICKEN & MUSHROOMS NOODLES WITH TOMATO SWIRLS recipe. This dish has balanced fragrant flavors with a tad of sourness from the tomato swirls to boost up any appetite.
6 pcs instant noodles
250gms chicken breast meat (thinly slice, marinate with a bit soy sauce, pepper and sesame oil)
10 dried Shitake mushrooms (soaked, drain, slice thinly & marinate with ginger juice, a bit soy sauce, a pinch of sugar, pepper and sesame oil)
1 thumb size young ginger (grate & juice)
1 carrot (fine julienne)
1 stalk spring onions (cut into 1” length, leave some finely chopped ones for garnishing)
1 clove garlic (finely chop)
1 tbsp tomato ketchup
3 tbsp oyster sauce
Salt & pepper to taste
Sambal belacan (optional)
SAMBAL BELACAN RECIPE:
3 fresh red chilies (remove seeds & cut into chunks)
2 tsp belacan (shrimp paste) granules
1-2 limes (juice)
Pound the red chilies until small bits, add in the belacan granules. Add in lime juice when serve.
Spring onions (finely chop)
Red chilies (optional)
Deep fried shallots (optional)
• Beat up the eggs with the tomato ketchup, some sprinkles of pepper, a dash of soy sauce and sesame oil.
• Heat up your pan (18-20cm pan) and fry the beaten eggs in 2 batches.
• Roll the cooked eggs up tightly and leave aside.
• Heat up a pot of water and cook the instant noodles until you get the al dente required. Drain well.
• In a wok, heat up 4 tablespoons of oil and sauté the chopped garlic until brown.
• Put 3/4 of the sauteed garlic and oil onto the cooked noodles, together with the oyster sauce, one tablespoon of sesame oil, 2 tablespoons of soy sauce and some sprinkles of pepper. Mix thoroughly.
• Heat up the remaining oil in the wok and sauté the marinated mushroom, slices until brown. Scoop out.
• Add in some more oil and sauté the chicken until cook. Add in the cooked mushroom and mix well. Scoop out.
• Add some oil and saute the carrots for about 2 minutes.
• Add in the seasoned noodles and mix well.
• Pour in the mixed chicken and mushrooms and mix thoroughly. Add in pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
• Add in the 1” cut spring onions and give it a stir or two.
• Scoop up the noodles onto a serving plate and garnish with some chopped spring onions, sliced chilies and some thinly sliced tomato swirls.
• Serve hot.
YOU CAN CHECK HERE FOR MORE RECIPES.