1 box flour vermicelli (mee suah – 10 pcs)
250gms chicken breast meat (dice, marinate with pepper, soy sauce & sesame oil)
250gms prawns (dice, marinate with pepper, soy sauce, sesame oil & pinch of sugar)
1 piece thick fish cake (halves and cut into cubes)
6 button mushrooms (halves and slice)
20-30 gms sharkfins (boil to soften and marinate in 1 Tspn brandy/Chinese rice wine)
1 egg (beaten with a bit of soy sauce, sesame oil and pepper)
2 pieces artificial crabsticks (cut into 4mm thickness)
2 Tspn soy sauce
2 Tspn oyster sauce
2 tspn sesame oil
1 tspn brandy/Chinese rice wine
3-4 Tspn corn flour (mix with a bit of water)
4 soup bowl water (about 800ml)
Some pepper & salt to taste
3 cloves garlic (chopped and sauté with oil for garnishing)
3 young corns (dice)
Some crab meat
6 straw mushrooms (slice)
Spring onions (chop)
- Heat up the wok with low fire and sauté the chopped garlic with 4 Tspn of oil until golden brown. Dish out into a dish bowl and leave aside.
- Boil a pot of water. When it gets hot and bubble, put in the box of Mee Suah (10pcs). Stir for 3 minutes (or until soften) and sieve it dry. Distribute it into 4 plates. Mix in some of the garlic to ensure that it would not lump up later. (Optional: You can actually put the mee suah into the gravy before scooping out to serve. I did it this way so that it can be divided equally amongst 4 persons.)
- Heat up the wok again and put in 3 Tspn of oil. Stir fried the diced chicken meat, prawns, fish cake with 2 Tspn soy sauce, 2 Tspn oyster sauce and 2 tspn sesame oil with low fire.
- When you all the combinations are cooked, pour in the water. Let it boil.
- Add in the corn flour to thicken the gravy. If not enough make more as some brand of corn flour won’t thicken easily.
- Add in the brandy/Chinese wine and salt and pepper to taste.
- Put in the crabsticks, mushroom and sharkfins and let it boil.
- Stir in the beaten egg until it becomes creamy.
- Dish out onto the mee suah and garnish with some garlic oil and spring onions.
- You are ready to serve.
- You can add in some black vinegar if you like it to be sour a bit.
YOU CAN CHECK HERE FOR MORE RECIPES.